POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Animation tutorial for linux users : Re: Animation tutorial for linux users Server Time
29 Jun 2024 07:35:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Animation tutorial for linux users
From: Florian Rustedt
Date: 16 Jul 2003 11:00:33
Message: <3f156891@news.povray.org>
Hi, thx for this howto.

Perhaps i can give you some adds:

Kpovmodeler is absolutely stable and comfortable for making .povs
Look at "povray.binaries.images" for an example i did with it..

With "mencoder" from "mplayer" you can easily make animations out of single
pictures or other formats to divX, mpg, avi, etc....

It supports over 160 (!!) codecs in my installation...

My greatest difficulty was, to find out the spline for the camera and the
"look_at" until i did it like that:

1. Take an visual modeler (kpovmodeler)
2. add the basic shapes of my scene
3. put 2 blobs in it
4. put in the first blob some balls that represent the camera-path
5. put some cylinders in the second blob for the "look_at"-point
6. as an option of blob, it is rendered smooth along the blobs, so it is easy to
see the resulting path.
7. Export it to ".pov"
8. extract the blobs and the points out of it
9. make the camera/look_at-spline with it